Saturday, November 18, 2023

Kristkindlmarkt

Saturday, Bipin and I went to the Kristkindlmarkt put on by the [link>] Clifton Forge School of the Arts which looks like an amazing place that I will need to look into further for classes!

This happy St. Nicholas greeted us as we came in, and Bipin was thrilled to meet the Santa that he had seen on television.  😄

I did get some homemade Stollen bites to nibble on before Bipin had vegetarian goulash, and I had a lunch of bratwurst, potato salad (German style) and sauerkraut.  Which was a good thing because I'd also gotten a cup of gluhwein and was not aware that it was spiked with brandy!  Getting giggly at 10:30a was not in my day's plan!

I picked up the one above for my friend Erica because she and her family (below) dress up like this for Halloween.  I love that family so much!

This is the one I got for me, and it is standing watch over my November tree.  They were made by a woman who grew up in Stuttgart and came to the US with her military husband.  Had the gluhwein not gotten me so giggly, I probably could have spoken more German to her than I did.




5 comments:

  1. What fun! I'm glad you both enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled that you had such a good day. And hope you could nap when you got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No naps for me. I emptied some of the veggie pots from this past season so I could use them next year if there is to be another garden. It was more exercise than my arms were prepared for so I didn't finish. Maybe next weekend, tho there is much on the December calendar as well!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.