Saturday, July 1, 2023

Saturday ... is sometimes for painting ...

  No adventurous road trips today.  I will be moving again in just a few weeks, so today was spent finishing up some of the painting in the kitchen.  

  I'm stopping here, one completely painted cabinet door, one partially painted, and I'm leaving a note for the next owner that they should really strip the cabinets completely and then paint them, replacing all of the hardware.  But the walls are all painted a neutral gray now, the turquoise is gone.

  Five-plus years of not being cleaned well (if at all), and the grease on the left cabinet handle was disintegrating the paint on it.  I'm certain the rest of the hardware in the kitchen is just as ... gross.

  Honestly, because of how small the kitchen is, and how difficult it is to access that cabinet in the corner, I'd suggest a complete overhaul of the kitchen.  Expand into the laundry room.  More counter space.  Exhaust fan over the oven.

  But I did follow through with the commitment to my landlord to clean it better than I found it when I moved in.  I won't even go into what I found under and behind the stove (or the refrigerator).

   Fourth of July celebrations have already started here.  Sounds of a slow-pitch softball game in the field across the creek.  Music coming from up the street at the Big Draft Brewery.  

3 comments:

  1. You were a MUCH better tenant than your landlord was a landlord. I hope you new home is blissful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it will be, and I am so excited about it. I was talking today with the owner about plants and flowers I want to get into the ground.

      Delete
  2. Your landlord was blessed to have you. I do hope the new one appreciates you properly.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.