Sunday, July 23, 2023

Saturdays are for ... getting my steps in.

   I'm still moving.  It has been the story of my life, and while this is the 39th time I've moved in my 61 years, it feels like the longest and I'm only moving across the street.  Every day is at least 6500 steps or more back and forth, up and down stairs.  I'm exhausted all the time.  All. The. Time.  Fortunately all the big stuff has now been moved, and it is just the little stuff and the clean up.  I'm trying to focus on one room at a time now (especially since there is one room that I haven't even touched yet).

  That said, here is a glimpse into how the kids are handling it...

  This is Cotton, a friend's dog that I've been watching for the past eight days.  She has taken over my favorite chair and Charlie's favorite toy, Monkey Man.  Charlie is not amused, and is really totally over her being here.  She is a sweet girl, but very much like Jim Carrey on Red Bull.  When I take them with me to feed the cats at her house, Charlie is very annoyed when I let her get back in the car.  Just two more days, Charlie, two more.

  Charlie is not one to share when it comes to food, so positioned himself where he could guard both food bowls.  Cotton is only allowed to eat after he has finished his bowl and is no longer in danger of starving to death.  As if he would.  Chonky boy needs to lose three pounds according to the vet, so hopefully going up and down the stairs will help both of us.

  Gracie was not thrilled about Cotton staying with us since she was not consulted.  However, she can be bought with Temptations Catnip Fever treats.  Surprisingly, Charlie growled at Cotton one evening in Gracie's defense when the hyper canine wanted to play on the stairs with her, and the perturbed feline wasn't having any of that nonsense.

  This is Bed Lump, formerly known as Lucy, also occasionally known as IWonderWhat'sBehindDoor#One.  She has no comment.

  This has to be one of my new favorite pictures of Charlie.

    I'm hopeful that over the next seven days the actual moving part will be over with, and then I will have another seven to just clean and make repairs.  I'm trying to not overdo things (which is hard when doing it alone) but have had to pace myself.

   If you are curious about West Virginia politics (which I haven't been in the past because politics are always such a volatile topic for any conversation), there have been some interesting articles posted recently which indirectly impact me ~ only because of my new roll as an "Auntie" to nine international interns working at the Greenbrier Resort nearby.  One of them is this Statehouse Beat article from the Charleston Gazette. [link]  There was such an uproar over the original post cited in the article that it has opened a political and negative publicity Pandora's box for the Govenor at a time when his resort is getting ready to host the new LIV Golf Tournament.  I'm hopeful that what began as an innocent question and concern for the welfare of "migrant" workers will become an effort to change things more than an effort to crucify the existing state leadership.


2 comments:

  1. Love the photos of you fellow residents.
    Pace yourself as much as you can. I hope your new home is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family look like they're as ready as you are to be set and settled. I pray everything goes well.

    You're so right about making sure things change, but punishment and revenge seem to almost rule the day.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.