Saturday, July 15, 2023

Saturdays are for ... adventures

  I took a friend to the airport in Roanoke early this morning, then  Nancy and I went shopping at Sam's Club.  Ohhhh, that was an expensive, but worthwhile trip.  I picked up some Basmati & Jasmine rice and other things for the move and house.

  Afterward, Nancy and I had lunch downtown in old Roanoke at an artisan bakery, Bread Craft [<link] owned by someone she used to work with.  Their pastrami rye sandwich was amazing!

 

  Old town Roanoke will require more exploring!  I went into a General Store that was marketed more for tourists than locals but still had some possibilities for future trips.

  I love the renovations that they are doing with some buildings downtown!

  On the way home, we got lost for a bit.  Although we didn't know it.  I apparently lost service on my GPS, and we were blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda talking, and somehow, somewhere, we wound up in another county, in a state park that neither of us recognized.  One U-turn and 30+ minutes later, we were back on track.

  Once home, I was running things back and forth across the street, and my new landlord said that he managed to capture a dangerous animal in the basement with his sticky bug traps.  It took me nearly 20 minutes to get it free and then set it free.  I threw away the rest of the sticky traps.

  This is a Northern Ring-Neck Snake [<link] very gentle, harmless, sweet snake.  They like moist, humid basements.  Hopefully, mine won't be moist and humid much longer!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an excellent day. Thank you for freeing the snake and disposing of the bug traps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had an adventure! Snakes are wonderful creatures, as long as they are not poisonous, leave them be is my motto. Good save!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.