Thursday, June 29, 2023

80s punk

Charlie got a haircut this past week and I decided to have some fun with it.  I asked them to leave him enough on the top of his head to make a mohawk and leave him a bit of a mustache and goatee.  Add his stud collar and denim vest, and I've got a little 80s punk rocker on my hands!
The video clip below is Charlie looking for me after he got out of the house.  I had gone to talk to a property owner, and Charlie does not like me being outside without him.  If he sees me leave in the car, he's fine.  But if I'm visiting a neighbor he expects to go with me.  You can see in the video he is looking around to find me, but doesn't see me.  What he did next was pretty amazing.  He went next door to Brenda and Joey's house and barked at their screen door until Joey let him in.  Then Brenda walked him back to see if I was okay and eventually found me in the neighborhood.  I should rename him, Lassie or Laddie, because it was a "Timmy fell down the well!" kind of rescue attempt for him.
Even when Brenda went across the street to look for me, he knew to wait at the front door and didn't come across the street until I called out to him.

Such a good dog.  Totally worth the extra treats he got.

I am moving again. 
This house showed on Monday afternoon, and whether or not the young family makes an offer to buy, the stress of not knowing where I will go with a dog and two cats if it is sold is just too much to continue doing.  I am physically sick from the time I get the appointment notice until a few days after it is shown.
  I knew a house nearby was going to be available to rent, or going up for sale, so I talked to the owner and he agreed to rent it to me on a five-year lease.
  It will get me to an age where if I choose to stop working, I can.  I will also be at a point where if I want, I can downsize to a much smaller apartment in a 55+ community, on a fixed income rent rate, closer to my sister and nephews.  Options only at this time, but at least for five years I can sleep easy without the fear of a 30-day move-out notice and being faced with no options.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have got options and can only imagine the stress you are feeling now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one smart pup, and smart looking, too.

    I'm so glad you are getting a place and hope it is a huge blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.