Sunday, June 18, 2023

Saturdays are for adventures!

  Two years in the waiting, I finally was able to go to the [link>] West Virginia Renaissance Festival!

One of the best things of the day were the random muscians scattered about!
Cosplay wasn't just participating performers and actors, but also attendees! 
Apart from performers on horses, sometimes it was hard to distinguish between performers and attendees!
This performer scared the bejeebers out of me at first!
Yes, there were men in kilts!  This one I believe was an attendee.
I was not able to get close enough to sneak my camera under his kilt to see if he was an authentic Scotsman or not.  (Relax!  I did not try! I'm not sure if WV has stalker laws or not, but I didn't want to find out!)
Glass blowing demonstration.
The setting for the festival is on a MASSIVE site!  I managed to walk almost three miles around the festival, some of it on quite challenging inclines.  Enough that I had to call my day short there when my knees felt at times like they were going to buckle, and started to swell. 
These "nuns" were hysterical!
I thought at first that this metalsmith would tie into my Words for Wednesday story. 
But then when I was going through a brochure I picked up from [link>] Somewear Beyond Coin Mint, I found something else!  Did you know that da Vinci designed a coin press?!?!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you went - and hope your knees have recovered. Da Vinci designed so many things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time! I'm so glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.