Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday ...

 Church, as always, was amazing.  We baptized another three in the creek after the first service.  If you are ever curious to watch one of Pastor Garrett's messages, you can view them <here on the TRC website>.  The second service yesterday was a Song-Fest with several members of the church performing, including yours truly with the adult choir.  No ears were harmed from my singing.

Between services, there was the Dandelion Festival Parade in town.  Frequently, the parade participants will drive/ride/walk back down the street I live on, from the end of the parade to get back to the starting point and where their vehicles are.  Yesterday, I didn't walk into town for the actual parade but instead waited until they came by the house.  

A knight in shining armor came by looking for a fair maiden [clearly he didn't stop at my house].  He was with a group of riders advertising the [link>] WV Renaissance Fair which happens every weekend in June.  I didn't go last year since it was when I started to be sick, but this year I'd like to see if I can get a ride to go up on the 11th for their Celtic Crossing weekend.

I'm scheduled that morning to make a faerie door craft at Wren's Nest, so it will be a fun day if I can do both.  Or even if not, it will still be a good day.

One of my four surviving peonies bloomed, and it gives me hope that next year, and the years after, I will have a beautiful garden by the front door.

Finally, I won a coveted book this month, and from just the introduction, I know it will be a good read and that I will likely buy others from this author.
It is NOT fiction, but a fascinating story of birds of prey that she has owned and worked with.  As you may know, I'm an amateur birder and love all things nature.

Tomorrow we honor the memories of those who have fought and died for our country.  I have several in my family tree who fought, and a few who died in wars.  One who always comes to mind was a young pilot in WW2 who disappeared along with his airplane somewhere in Alaska.

If you served, thank you for your service.  If you lost someone, I'm so sorry for your loss.  And as Ukraine continues to fight, I pray that one day, there will be peace for them.

Hugs,  Ci

4 comments:

  1. I am so very glad that you have found a community in which you are thriving. And yes, The Hawk's Way is on my wish list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful community, and I'm very blessed to have found them.

      Delete
  2. What a joy it is to celebrate baptisms and i'm glad you get to see the parade mostly from right where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had nine straight weeks so far of baptisms!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.