Friday, May 6, 2022

tears ...

 
   
     This has been a hard week for me.  

     It was my first birthday since my mom passed away, and not getting a call from her, or flowers, made the day seem incomplete.   The day was good, it just felt like something was missing.  And there was.  She was.

     Sunday will be the first Mother's Day without her, and I've been avoiding the card sections of the pharmacy and grocery stores like there are free-floating Covid bugs in the aisle.  I know to read even one card will start a flood of tears I may not be able to stop for hours.

     Tuesday marked six years since my soul dog, Trooper, died.  Not a day has gone by that I haven't missed him.  Or my cat, Oreo, who died the year before.  Of all the companions animals I have loved and lost, those two have remained the hardest losses.  Gracie, Charlie, and Lucy have been comforting but not replacements.

     I'm working on a few art and craft projects, but nothing completed yet.  Planting an angel garden in the side yard.  What I'm really doing is procrastinating putting away clean laundry, organizing the office, and other less fun house chores.

     Wishing you a blessed weekend and a happy Mother's Day.  

                                    Hugs, Ci

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes tears are the only way we can clear the negative emotions and move on. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.