Sunday, May 1, 2022

rabbit chases ...

      A week ago Sunday at the creek baptisms I was catching frogs with the kids.  That Monday evening, I sat quietly on my back patio and watched seven rabbits playing tag and chasing each other in the yard next door.  This morning before church, I sat listening to the birds.  Warblers are migrating, and the sound identification with my Merlin bird app put several new names on my life list.  [links to click>]  Yellow WarblerNashville WarblerBay-breasted WarblerYellow-rumped Warbler.


     I tried a new art project last week.  Smashed flowers.  A good way to get out some frustration during a hectic week.

     Using some violas growing in my yard, I placed the flowers face down on some thick paper used for watercolor painting.  Covered them with a paper towel and smashed them with a hammer until the color started to bleed through the paper towel.

     After I gently rolled the smashed flowers off the paper, I lightly sprayed a clear sealant over them before gluing the paper down on a wood frame.

     I may try to make some cards to mail with flowers on them, and am experimenting with different flowers.  Wild violets aren't as detailed when smashed.  Dandelions are too flooffy, and the stems and leaves of both have too much moisture so they lose their definition.

     I hope you have an awesome week.  Hugs, Ci

     

4 comments:

  1. Love the smashed violas. And bird song and bunnies have to improve any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! It would be fun to experiment, see which flowers work best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! and I'm looking forward to that also!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.