Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wednesday ...

This month so far has been a busy one, and my calendar is filled with wonderful events.

Click photos to enlarge.

   Last week I was gifted this beautiful partridge in a pear tree which is now brightening up the wall above my kitchen sink.  It was made by the mother of one of my church family members, and I love it!


    We had two Christmas craft markets in town on Saturday and I indulged and purchased this juniper wreath for my living room wall.  I love the simple beauty of it.  The artist who created it was featured in the [link to click>] Greenbrier Valley Quarterly magazine.  But there were honestly so many AMAZING artists at both craft markets I wanted one of everything!

 

   Saturday evening was the Christmas parade in town, and I walked with our church floats inviting people to come to our children's Christmas plays.  We have so many kids in the church that we are having two plays!

   It was so much fun to walk in the parade, and since I also walked to the meet-up spot before it started and home at the end of the parade, I think I got all my steps in for the day (two miles in all)!

   I am in the top photo on the right, in the dinosaur Christmas sweater, my favorite for the moment.

   This Friday evening we are having a Christmas cookie exchange with the women's group at church, so I'll be posting on Saturday the cookies I made this week to bring with the recipe for one, and a link to the recipe for the other.

    The partridge art prompted me to be a little creative myself, and I have been making an "intentions" piece to hang in my office over my desk where I can see it all day.  I was just going to find images in magazines to clip out but then decided to get a little creative and experiment with watercolors and salt.

     It is so wonderful to have hope, and to be able to write about much more than my health "adventures."

4 comments:

  1. There are so many fun things to do this time of year, i hope you have a great time with the cookie exchange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful time, and I was so glad that my friend, Nancy, decided to join me. There were so many yummy options to try!

      Delete
  2. I am so very glad that your busy focus has shifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also, tho the oncologist continues to try to persist. I've decided to change providers after the first of the year and not have any records transferred. I want them to start with a clean slate and no assumptions.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.