Thursday, December 2, 2021

Thursday ...

     My silence lately has been simply because I've been busy, with not a lot to share.

     After doing some unintentional aerobics inside and outside of the house which involved quickly putting up a temporary chicken wire fence to keep Charlie from charging visiting dogs next door, stepping in a hidden "gift" he left under leaves, realizing after I'd come back into the house that the gift was attached to the bottom of my boot, hopping on one foot back through the house to remove my boots outside... I was finally able to relax and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with Gracie.

     In the spring I plan to "train" the wild growing ivy to use the chicken wire fence as support so that it eventually will look like an ivy covered wall.  That is my intention at least, to make it look less rednecked and more natural.  I also recently found out that I can rake my leaves out to the road and the city will pick them up, tho it may be too late in the season for me to do that this year, I will calendar it for next year.  

 

    I put up my Christmas "tree" with some origami ornaments I made last year with cards I received, including one from my mom.  All of the ornaments have sentimental attachments to trips or people, and I think this is my favorite tree ever.

    We've had some cold and frosty days, but thankfully no snow as yet.  Still, Charlie has insisted on his little corduroy jacket for some walks. 

     On the health front, the news is good.  A last-minute appointment at the oncologist's office for blood work returned results that were as normal as the setting on a washing machine.  He has not yet commented on the latest CT images, but I'm not going to wait on his confirmation that I have no cancer.

     Four months ago I was planning on sending "good-bye/thank you for having been in my life" cards at this time.  Instead, I am praising God for his healing mercies and grace and sending Christmas cards.  God is good.  All the time.

3 comments:

  1. Love your tree and am very, very pleased that life is finally going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen. It's wonderful to know that things are going so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news; God is good. I like snow, cold and dark without snow just ain't the same ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.