Friday, December 17, 2021

Quilts and pickles ...

Click images to enlarge

   I got some woodcraft boards a few weeks ago and after a delay in getting the fabric I wanted, I went with a Plan B.  More variety, but a little disappointing since I'd had my heart set on a turquoise and brown color scheme.


   I made one board with a 4th of July theme, but wish now I'd painted the back of it white.  I may do it after the fact with a whitewash and sand the whole thing to give it a rustic look.

 

   This one I did at about 4a this morning after coughing and nightmares woke me.  I like that it is a subtle color scheme and pattern.




    A week or two ago I won a contest on Instagram from the German Consulate General in Atlanta.  Today, my prize package arrived.  A gluhwein gift box with two mugs, a bottle of spice mix, sugar, two sugar spoons for flaming rum-soaked cubes (really authentic recipe!), and Lebkuchen cookies.  I also won a yodeling pickle ornament.


   This pickle.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I love it.  Altho after it yodeled at me about five times in a row when I kept getting up and walking past the tree it felt a little pervy and I had to turn it off.  But it will be loads of fun if I ever have company in the house.  I might have to keep it on the tree all year!

4 comments:

  1. I suspect I would turn that pickle off. Permanently. I am very, very glad to hear that you enjoyed your wins though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That prize package looks wonderful. Gratz on winning! Are the patchwork squares painte, glued or sewn on? I cant see, even when embiggening the photos, but I like the looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are glued. For the brown one, I glued the bottom fabric over the entire board, then glued the triangle pieces on top of it. The stars and stripes one are glued straight to the wood.

      Delete
  3. The quilt blocks are lovely, and that's a wonderful prize pack. A yodeling pickle is just my speed, i'm going to look for that online.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.