Sunday, December 6, 2020

St. Nick's Day ...

Image Source: Pinterest
 
 One of my favorite childhood memories was of waking up the morning of December 6th to see whether or not I got candy or coal in my shoes.

  As an adult without children, I would try to evoke those memories again with (ex)-husbands.  New slippers.  Annual tree ornaments.  Fishing lures.  Guitar picks & strings.

  This year, I unpacked a little.  Decorated a little.  Got happy a lot.

  The tree topper angel on the wall is holding a place for what will be a wall tree with no-damage Scotch hooks.  The TV table is doubling as a fireplace mantle for my stocking.

  My futon arrived a week early, Charlie approved.  I still need to get a rug and after doing some rearranging, I realized that there will be room for a bar height dining table and four bar chairs.


  The office is slowly coming together.  The wall to the right, across from my desk, is my "goals" wall, which is currently featuring photos and mementos of places I've been.  My goal is to travel again.

  Behind where I sit are photos and "encouragers."  Words of wisdom that will be seen in the BigBossCam that watches me while I work.  I'm still hopeful for a supervisor slot.  

  Here's to holidays filled with happiness, growth, and new beginnings.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray.
    And most definitely here's to holidays and LIFE filled with happiness, growth and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.