Saturday, December 26, 2020

creating origami German bell ornaments ...

    Work today was a mix of crazy back-to-back calls this morning, then nothing for more than an hour the latter part of my shift.  

     I spent my time turning some of this year's Christmas cards into ornaments for next year's tree using [click here> this tutorial from Pinterest to make origami German bell ornaments.  Next year I will find a different origami pattern to use.

     They were incredibly simple to make, however, be forewarned that some cards are difficult to fold and may tear at the small corners ~ an easy issue to hide when you glue the corners together.  

     Also ... glittered cards?  Glitter EVERYWHERE!  Do not put your hands anywhere near your eyes until you have washed your hands a gazillion times.  Trust me, I speak from experience.

     Finally, the instructions state to glue, then rubberband them until they dry to keep them from popping open.  Uh, hello?  Hot glue?!?!  I have absolutely zero patience when it comes to making crafts.  I admit, it is a character defect I am not likely to work on in the future.

     After folding each card, before I glued them and started on the next one, I wrote with a gold Sharpie the year and who sent the card on the outside of them.

     Photo cards get a place of honor on my refrigerator until next year!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. And memories kept in every bell, rather than discarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous fun and made the day pass quickly!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.