Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas week ... Tuesday

    So here is my new holiday season tradition ... since the majority of my Christmas ornaments are still in WI, and there *just so happens* to be a Christmas decor shop here that is open 365 days a year here ... whenever I visit family or friends for Thanksgiving or Christmas (or those that come to visit me), I'm going to purchase matching ornaments.  One to gift, and one to keep, that will remind me of the holiday spent with them.

    This first one for Kat and me is especially meaningful because both of our dads are gone, and folklore has it that a visit from a cardinal is a visit from a loved one that has passed away.

     I'm also going to find an origami pattern to make ornaments out of the Christmas cards I receive this year.  I've seen some on Pinterest that I really like.

     Busy, busy, busy!

1 comment:

  1. Busy indeed - but satisfyingly so.
    That is a lovely tradition to begin too.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.