Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas week ... Monday

    I love how these girls can snuggle together like they did when Lucy could still fit in my hand.  Although, full disclosure, this cuddle session came after an ugly discussion between the two of them over who was going to fit where.

    Tomorrow, I will get to see my sister Kat whom I haven't seen in more than six years.  I'm super excited!  She doesn't know it yet, and I won't share here until Thursday, but I'm starting a new holiday tradition this year and she is my first.  

     One of the things I'm most excited about with finally getting my 'life' back is that I get to start my own holiday traditions.  If I'd had more time in late October and November, one of them would have been making the German Christmas cookies from my grandmother's recipes. 

   I received a Christmas card today from a friend in the MI U.P. that was a first.  It had goats on it!  And a pig!  Sara is an amazing person!  She and her husband built their home by hand, retiring the yurt they had been living in for several years.  They raise goats for milk and cheese; chickens for eggs and duh, chicken; pigs for bacon; and grow their own garden.  I wish I could have been like her when I was younger!  I will confess that she tried to teach me how to milk a goat once and I was a huge fail.

    I think my goals wall in my office is finally finished.  At least until I can travel again.  It would be so awesome to have pictures all the way up to the ceiling!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the excitement which this post conveys so well.
    And hooray for starting traditions of your own.
    Have fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.