Thursday, December 17, 2020

kitchen window ...

  Tho not quite the view as my Wisconsin kitchen window had, this one still offers promise.  My bird feeders are best viewed out the kitchen door window, but I may add some squirrel feeders here in the side yard at some point.  I'm already planning and plotting for hostas and other shade-loving plants in the spring.  My cherished lillies-of-the-valley, however, will be planted where I can see them from the kitchen door while I'm watching birds and adding to my eBird count.


   I broke down and bought myself a tiny European Cypress Christmas tree and found an origami tutorial on YouTube to make a star for the top.  My overachiever paperwhite is blooming.  I've wanted to force paperwhites for ages and finally found some.  When this season is over, I'll save them for next year and find a proper glass vase for them.  Ditto the Amaryllis.  My jade plants are slowly recovering from the freezing drive down, but the jury is still out on my Hens & Chicks.  

1 comment:

  1. LOTS of hope and new growth there - which is emblematic of your new life. And don't give out on the hens and chicks. They are hardy survivors - like you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.