Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Weekend finds ...

 First, a beautifully handmade quilt at the Goodwill for just $10.50!  It is quite heavy and has some amazing fabric pieces on it.  It is a twin-size and I may use it as a drape over a window in my future forever home.  In the winter it will be an excellent blocker for cold winds, but it is too beautiful to just be seen a few months a year.  I might have to use it as a wall hanging in the summer.  

The new light socket kit came and was immediately installed.  I got an inexpensive square shade at Walmart for now because it was more affordable than the $60 shade I wanted... but it will stay on my wish list for my next bonus or unexpected windfall.

I did splurge on this $10 finial, which was not the $30 one of several birds on a limb I was eyeballing at first. 



 I am as Robin Leach used to say ... a DIY crafter/decorator with champagne wishes and caviar dreams ... but a Natural Light beer budget.  It serves me well though because I can create a home filled with things I love that don't break the bank.

My "recreation" of a China blue lamp base cost me $10 for the napkins, $5 for glue, $14 for a new light socket kit (which may not have been needed, but I take no risks with electricity), and $20 for a shade, and $10 for the finial = $59.  
The "other" lamps sell online for $70-$200.
I like mine better.

2 comments:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.