Wednesday, March 20, 2024

a trespassing excursion ...

 There are three houses up on a hill across the road from the Dollar General.

 I've been wanting to sneak up there since I moved here in 2020, and finally did last weekend.

 I didn't spend a lot of time up there and didn't get close to the houses.  The NO TRESPASSING signs with CAMERAS IN USE made me a little leery ... as well as the musky smell of bears and skunks.  I was not interested in taking that scent home or waking up someone's nap. 

 I was tempted to get close enough to peek in the windows but didn't.  Going in the summer would mean the risk of snakes, and again, skunks.  I'm afraid the pictures I took from a distance may be as close as I get ... until next winter anyway.







3 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious. Are they abandoned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very much so. signs are posted that they are dangerous to enter and both the white house and the brick one have upstairs decks that are falling down.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you managed to get some pictures but don't blame you for not getting any closer. It's sad when old buildings are left to fall into decay.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.