Thursday, March 14, 2024

update on my nephew ...

  No news is still no news in this situation.  I spoke to Capt. John Crowley with the Utah Duchesne County Sheriff's Office today.

  The Jeep is still on the mountain, totally covered by snow at this time.  When there has been enough of a melt, now that they have a key to put it in gear, they will be able to move it.  It was found 11 miles UP a mountain from the nearest paved road.

  He gave me the GPS coordinates to where the Jeep is located and said that if the family wanted to search the area for him, the middle of June would be the safest time of year since they are still getting snow and winter storms.  

  I know that I would physically be unable to climb 11 miles up into the mountains without becoming another search and rescue statistic for falling and breaking my leg or hip.

  Searchers on snowmobiles, and area hunters, have checked the Jeep frequently to see if any new tracks are leading to or from it, which there haven't been.  Once there is enough of a snow melt, they will go up and search the area again on horseback.

  There were not any cabins close to the area where it was found, but they still searched all of them with no sign of Justin.

  The Jeep is in an area where stolen vehicles have been recovered in the past ... which is not to give any hope that he may still be alive ... but it opens the possibility that it was not Justin who drove the Jeep from Kentucky to Utah.

  The reality is now that Justin is no longer alive.  I know how much he loved his son, and that he would not have disappeared the week before Christmas on him.  Justin was about the same age as Jaymie when his own dad died, and I know the impact that had on his life.  He would not have done that intentionally to his son.

  The question then is what happened to him after that week in December in Kentucky when his estranged wife last spoke to him.  

  I know I watch too many crime shows.    I know I'm jaded about life and society.  I've been around a few blocks.  But Justin wouldn't do this to his son.  Someone knows something about what happened to him.

1 comment:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.