Wednesday, August 16, 2023

WfW ~ and other things ...

L-R:  Christian, Aila, May, and Bipin
I am writing with Words for Wednesday, the words for which can be found [link>] on Messy Mimi's Meanderings blog for the month of August.
The goal of WfW is to take given prompts, words, phrases, photos, colors, or music and create a story from them. This week's words and color of the month are in bold italics.
If you visit her blog you can also read and cheer on the other writers participating in this weekly fun.

  I will try to suppress my adoration for these four.  I couldn't have lucked out with better roommates than I got with these ones.

  Most of the time I realize that having roommates or choosing them, can be a frenzied ballet, somewhere between Brahm's Lullaby and Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.  Somewhere between getting a superhero or someone running from the law with warrants out for their arrest.

   These four have become my partners-in-crime for practical jokes.  Stress-free, pressure-free, no hassles happy to cook AND clean up after themselves. 

   West Virginia is like a treasure map of new experiences and adventures for them.  A quick walk to the bus stop on Main Street and they are soon exploring in Lewisburg.

Not black
deep green
hopefully orange
soon

  Dinners here are a feast, sometimes with homemade spring rolls (not to be confused with egg rolls) and fresh cucumbers from the garden in homemade spicy hot vinegar.

 The full moon rolls around and they keep me centered and not howling at the moon or wanting to rip someone's head off.  I'm on the prowl for garden gnomes to hide under the Great Pumpkin's leaves just for the fun of knowing they are there.

  I could fill a dozen trash cans with the negativity of the past three years here, but a hundred of them couldn't hold the good things that have happened since I arrived.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very, very glad for you. Thank you for this beautiful contribution to the Words for Wednesday hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the prompts and I am very, very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.