Monday, August 21, 2023

weekend bits and bobs ...

I finally picked up my new "after-hours" glasses this morning.  It is the end of an era for turquoise & brown.  Hello, new blue!
I salvaged these from the trash this week.  A little bleach, soap, and water, and I have all kinds of ideas for them.

Including one for this lamp.  I previously shared this vintage find (which I love love love) that is brass and patinaed copper.  Now I'm trying to decide between what type of fabric to use to recover the square shade.  The lamp serves as a nightlight in the entry hall because everyone's shifts are different with some leaving in the dark, and some coming home in the dark.  I kinda didn't want it to be so bright with just a white shade and have scratched off the list the ones I first looked at that were a lighter color. 
Now I'm down to these two fabrics:
This one I like because of all the other interesting little quirky things that make it more than just pineapples.
This one, however, is just gorgeous, and really plays into the patina of the copper.

I overdid things on Saturday and had to put ice on my knee for a bit.  Lucy was worried about me because I don't usually lie down in the middle of the day.  So she kept coming up and giving me headbutts and wondering what was going on.  I just love the green of her eyes.
I've been researching the background of the house to tie in with the original embossed/galvanized tin shingles that were recently replaced.  Pretty fascinating actually, and I will post it sometime.


2 comments:

  1. You are right about Lucy's eyes. Gorgeous.
    And either fabric would give a lovely soft glow to the entrance hall.
    Be kind to yourself please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is telling you to take care of that knee. She's beautiful.

    How is it always time to replace glasses?

    Although both fabrics work, I like the second a bit better. Just me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.