Saturday, August 26, 2023

momentarily ruminating ...

Image Source: Pixabay
  There are times (today) when the aging process is a literal pain in my ... knee.

  The arthroscopic surgery I had hoped would end the pain in my left knee has had to be postponed until next year.  The health insurance plan that I have chosen for the past two years (anticipating and successfully banking on good health) because it was the least expensive option, has turned out to be not so much so.  It is a "pay for what you need" plan, and when I had them add the codes for the knee surgery, it was going to cost me an additional $2,500 in payroll deductions over the next 20 weeks.  Plus $850 up front.  Funds I don't have at the ready, and can't afford to lose from my paycheck.  So when open enrollment starts for next year, I will choose a different plan that will better suit my needs.  Not just to get my left knee done, but also my right later when the left has healed since I know favoring the left will irritate the right.  Winters walking on ice were not kind to me.

  I really wish that the US would follow the lead of other countries and make health care more affordable.  For everyone.

  But I think that will be something that won't happen until hell freezes over because the governing bodies that could make a difference always seem to ensure that they won't ever have the need, and thereby don't have a clue what the rest of us endure.

  I'm whining because I'm in a blue funk because of it all.  In pain.  Frustated.  Topping it off, I saw a meme this morning that announced I was older than Google.

  Talk about pouring salt on a wound.

  I'm at an age where more and more people I grew up with are passing away.  I don't recognize any of the popular music artists and actors.  I feel like a stranger in a strange land.

  Mind you, I'm not in any great hurry to join the ones that are no longer here.  But I miss that world I once belonged to, and many of the people that are no longer in this one.  I miss the feeling of being invincible and immortal.

3 comments:

  1. I wish there was something I could do to practially help. I know I can pray, but times like this, I wish I had money to give, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Was not an ask. Just frustration. I'm past it now. Our insurance system is just so frustrating at times, and I'm grateful for what I have even now. I can't imagine what it is like for those without.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.