Friday, August 4, 2023

long week end

   It has been quite the week.  I was 99% out of the old house on the 30th, with only my washer and dryer to move.  They were moved on the 1st, and the house was completely cleaned and turned back to the landlord.  I've noticed they have shown it several times since I moved out, and thankfully have swapped out the photos online to ones that don't include my possessions.

  Charlie tried briefly to take over Gracie's window seat, but that didn't last long as he barks too much.  I know he misses being able to survey his kingdom, but I worry he will wake the roommates.

  This was the view one morning from one of the upstairs windows.  The creek that flooded in 2016 is in the foreground and the park beyond is where they shoot off the fireworks for the Dandelion Festival and other events.  
    Dinners are always a feast, sometimes with karaoke beforehand, but always with laughter.

  The weekend will be another busy one.  My goal is to get a room full of my "stuff" unpacked, sorted, purged, put up, put away, and get the house in order so that it doesn't always trigger my issues with moving and clutter chaos.  I'm anticipating four new beds this weekend for three of my roommates, and a potential new roommate addition in the next few weeks.  One of these days I will have to sit down and introduce you to everyone.  We are quite the household of international comedians.  Don't worry, none of us will be able to quit our day jobs!

  I need to get back into a creative outlet ... whether writing or crafting.  There are several projects of both that I need to complete or start and finish for Christmas.  Unfortunately, apart from the writing projects, I'm not sure I know where anything else is right now.

  May your weekend be productively relaxing ....  Ci

2 comments:

  1. Well done. Moving is a major stressor and you must be exhausted. Rest as much as you can over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything is now in the right house, and hope you feel settled in there soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.