Monday, March 7, 2022

Monday ... cherry tree stumps and alcohol inks

      It was a busy week.  For most of it, after I got off work I was working on stripping the bark off the two cherry tree logs that I turned into side tables in the living room.

     I had decided to keep them looking as natural as possible, but the bark was housing some little bugs I didn't want to have as roommates.

     The one on the right has two knotty holes in it that are very cool looking.  When I was cleaning it, I had to get a flashlight to make sure there weren't any little eyes that were going to look back at me! 


     The crocus are starting to come up in my side yard, and I'm so excited.  Five days earlier than last year, but we've had some very warm days lately.  The last two days were in the 70sF!  It was wonderful and Charlie and I took advantage of it and did some walking downtown.


     He got a haircut (finally) and had a little bit of a swager to his walk.  I found one of his little man muscle hoodies and he's been wearing it the last few days.  It says "Mama's Boy" on it and he's a huge hit with every one that sees him.

     I ran out of treats for him, and rather than go buy more, I found a recipe to make some using stuff I had on hand.  Oatmeal (3 cups), pumpkin (1 can), and peanut butter (roughly 1 cup).  Bake at 250F for 2 hours.  I made balls about the size of my thumb tip touching the tip of my index finger, then flattened them out.  Much more economical and easy to make before I went to church yesterday morning.  Not to mention Charlie loves them.


     Yesterday between church services and choir practic I went to another art class.  This one was learnng how to make abstract [emphasis on abstract] flowers with alcohol ink, which was the same medium I used last fall to make the Christmas baubles for my sisters.

     My inspiration were the crocus that I've been seeing everywhere.  There were some amazing flowers created in the class, including some beautiful sunflowers for Ukraine.

    I don't have another art class until the 20th, so lots of time to get caught up on more house projects (and housework).  Much needed time!

     I hope you have a wonderful week.  I'm praying for a few friends who have surgeries today and later this month.                    Hugs,  Ci

2 comments:

  1. Those are cool tables. Charlie is very special, i know he loves his mama very much.

    Your alcohol ink drawing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Charlie rescued me as much as I rescued him,

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.