Monday, March 14, 2022

Pi Day ...

      No craft classes for me this past weekend, but still plenty to keep me busy during the week.  Yesterday I got this free2me cabinet.  When I'm done repainting, it will go upstairs in the office to help keep me a little better organized.

     Once cleaned of the dust and cobwebs, I will repaint it the same olive-brown that I used previously on the other chair in the office.  The bottom drawers are not on rollers, so I will probably put the short one in the middle and cover the fronts with the fabric I used to recover the chair cushion ~  unless I can't find enough scraps, then I will have to go to Plan B.  

     Since there is a knob missing, I will either try to find a match to the others or get three new wooden ones and paint them.  Plan B will be to paint them and recover the knobs in fabric.

     The two shelves are removable, and I'm going to take the top one out permanently.  I want to get seagrass baskets to use for storage ... office supplies, stationery, etc.

     I had today off and took advantage of it.  The weather was beautiful and Charlie and I took a walk up to meet with the owner of the Gum Store Studios.  They are a collective of artists and like-minded people, and will soon also be the home of the "Tell Me Your Story" bookshelves!  Great things have small beginnings!  Look at acorns and oak trees!  Or mustard seeds!

     This week I will begin building a Facebook page for Tell Me Your Story and reaching out to other self-published indie authors for their books.  There will be space for book readings, poetry nights, and writing seminars.  It is a dream I had almost given up on ...

     ... and speaking of dreams... I think I've mentioned in a previous post that I have very vivid and weird dreams/nightmares when I sleep on my back.  This morning I had one that may have been a little prophetic since it dealt with books.  I was trying to teach the Dewey Decimal System of library book organization to an elderly gentleman (with no success I might add, making it more of a nightmare than a dream).

     I hope that the start of your week was less frightening and the week will be more exciting,

                                Hugs, Ci


1 comment:

  1. What a fun project, both the cabinet and Tell Me Your Story. So many people have fabulous things to write, there's just not enough time to get to all of them in one lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.