Monday, March 21, 2022

Sunflowers and Spring collages...

     I had last Monday (the 14th) off work and managed to get my craft (former dining) room under control.  But little else.  It was a busy week for me with weird blood sugar drops and unexpected blessings.  

     I'm working on a practical joke for my Pastor, which I will share later this month, and apparently, God thought it was pretty funny also because one of my blessings was a check from unemployment which covered the costs for the joke. 

     I took time on Friday to paint this small 6"x6" sunflower friendship quilt pattern with watercolors.  I stand with Ukraine.

     Saturday I took an art class for a wildflower Spring collage.  It was fun and very creative.  This is my creation with Cornelious T. Bunny, Esquire.  Now to figure out where he fits in on the family tree.  Clearly it will be on the fun side.

     Spring has finally decided to make an appearance in my yard with blooming daffodils and grape hyacinths.  I made the mistake of going down the spring planting aisle at Walmart and bought too many several shade loving ferns, caladiums, and lilies of the valley to plant in another three weeks when it looks like we might be past any deep frost danger.  I've decided to embrace the shady side of the yard and let it naturalize with plants and gradually get rocks to fill in around them, with larger flat stones to step on.  

     When I went grocery shopping over the weekend, there were some beautiful pink cyclamen for sale so I grabbed one to plant.  Hostas are on my shopping list and I have spoken to a landscaper friend at church about any pull-and-toss shade plants that they may get this summer to give them a new home in my yard.  Virginia bluebells "volunteer" in the vacant lot to one side of me, and the next time I see them volunteering, I'll transplant some to my yard.

     I've rejoined the Arbor Day Foundation and as my "gift" for rejoining selected some free white dogwood trees.  One of them will be planted in the yard between my house and the rental next door.

     I love this time of year when all the trees burst into color with leaf buds and blossoms.  Birds are everywhere, and I heard the frog peepers the other night for the first time.  Soon there will be fireflies in the evenings while I listen to the outdoor bands at the restaurants around the corner from the comfort of my own back porch.

     Lasr week I ordered (drumroll, please...) business cards for my bookshelf shop.  I'll get some of my books to put on the shelves for now, and will begin soliciting for other indie/self-published authors to reach out to me so that I can add them to the shelves and begin creating a list of those who will be interested in doing readings.

     I hope your week is off to a wonderful start.

                                       Hugs,    Ci

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful week. Spring is an exciting time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a joy to hear how things are going with you. Praying for those blood sugar swings, that they are brought under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been praying to be healed from the diabetes, and feel that this is a step in that direction. Maybe my pancreas has decided to play nice finally.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.