Monday, February 28, 2022

Monday ... a birch tree paint party and other fun stuff

Click to enlarge images.
      Where to start?  I finished a few projects last week and today.  

     Glass beads were going to be cost prohibitive for redoing my lampshade and while waiting for the macrame cord to arrive, I remembered seeing someone using strips of negatives to recover a shade and wondered how the color slides I had would look.

      I absolutely love how it turned out and this is just half finished.  I should be getting more slides in the next few weeks to finish it.  There are slides of Germany, some of my mom when she was a young woman before marriage, and some of me when I was very young.


     Saturday I attended a "Paint Party" and learned how to make birch trees.  It was a lot of fun and I may wind up making several of these to be a seasonal series.


     I also recovered the seats on the loveseat, and the seat on the rose chair.  I'm not sure yet how I feel about the love seat, but can always remove it.  Mostly wanted to just protect it because it seems to be where Charlie and the cats spend most of the day.


     I'm going to get some velvet ribbon to cover the staples on the rose chair where I attached the fabric.  It is an older chair where the seat isn't removable.

     I think of all the fabrics that I've ever used on this chair, this one has to be my favorite, and it was actually the fabric from the found white chair.  Tossed it in the wash, trimmed to fit, and love it.


     Before I share the picture of the white chair that I finished today, here is my very happy Christmas cactus.  Last fall I read something in a plant group on facebook that I should be using unsweet tea for them instead of plain water.  Ever since starting to do that, my cactus has just been thrilled.  When I bought it in December 2020, it only had 1 bloom and then nothing until it started getting unsweet tea.  Last December, it had a few blooms, but I didn't expect it to bloom again so soon.


     Here is the formerly white chair with 2 coats of a taupe-ish paint and new fabric and added foam to the seat.  I love how it turned out!

      I hope you have a wonderful week, and please continue to pray for the people of Ukraine!

                             Hugs,  Ci


4 comments:

  1. Your projects are beautiful!

    Unsweet tea instead of water, the Christmas cactus must thrive on the tannins. Does it work for other succulents? Research is in order, i have a small succulent that i want to keep healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried with my other succulents but will have to do that. I don't have many because I don't get much sun in the summer through my windows.

      Delete
  2. It all looks so good. Thanks for the tips with tea for cacti. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.