Monday, February 7, 2022

Monday ...

     My new job starts in less than 15 minutes, so I'm rushing a quick blog post out just to curb my enthusiasm.  This is me, about to bust my face wide open with a grin of excitement before church yesterday.  A new2me sweater that I just love.   One of my fav pairs of earrings I found at a craft show 20 years ago (hate to brag, but I can still wear the earrings I wore in high school... tho that would have been 42 years ago now... time sure flies). Eyeglasses (cheaters) in my fav color.  

     There are times when I think my hair is growing back more strawberry than blond, but I think that is just how it combs out.  I always did have dark red natural low lights with the white blonde highlights.

     Awesome day at church yesterday, taught my BFF kid how to turn your wrist over without moving your wrist ~ a trick I learned on a TikTok post on Instagram.  Social media can be good for learning magic tricks I guess.  The surprised look on his face made my day.


     Saturday I spent most of the day learning how to make barn quilts, and made this friendship star for one of my longest BFFs ~ we've been friends for 50 years this year.  It is a 10"x10" wallboard, and the color that looks like a light gray is actually a darker gray.  The sun that finally came out was exceptionally bright when I took the picture.

     I've ordered some blank wallboards the same size so that I can make another for myself, and maybe have a painting class at my house to teach others.


     From my office window I can see mountains behind the houses across the street on clear days, but last Friday it rained all day and the clouds were very low.  I like days like that.  The clouds look like a soft-down blanket.

           Have an awesome week!  Hugs, Ci

4 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a positive happy post. It is wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm always humming that old Sisters Sledge song "I'm so excited..."

      Delete
  2. Hope your first day was excellent, and each day gets better as it goes along.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.