Monday, February 14, 2022

Monday ...

      It was a busy weekend in a fun and good way.  Saturday I worked on an art project at [link to click >] Wren's Nest Art Studio.  It was more of a "free for all" rather than a class unless you wanted to learn how to do a barn quilt utilizing the entire canvas.

     Mine is a collage of sorts of things that I love, things about me.  From the top left:  My faith, dogs (this is a 3D clay of a print of my soul-dog, made when he was a year old), and Germany.  Found feathers for birdwatching (not yet finished, need to find more feathers), and my fav color combo of turquoise & brown.  A book page for reading and writing (which details part of a Groucho Marx comedy skit and represents my sometimes warped sense of humor), an unfinished square which will be filled with a heart made of old buttons for my love of crafting and upcycling old or vintage items, and finally, the address side of a postcard to represent my love of snail mail, sending and receiving.


     I've come up with an idea for a lampshade on the Steiffle lamp I showed earlier this week.  A friend with buttons mentioned that she liked glass buttons made me think of this lampshade that is hanging in the studio at Wren's Nest made with buttons.  Instead of making it with buttons, I want to make one with glass beads, so that it will be almost like a stained glass shade.

     The woman who got the old shade is going to give me the torn shade she was replacing it for, and I'll just finish taking off the fabric and string it with glass beads on fishing line.  I'm so excited!

     I hope that you had a relaxing weekend, a love-ly Valentine's day, and a wonderful week ahead!
                                               Hugs,  Ci


4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    These lamp is wonderful! Amazing idea, if i will have occasion I willing make something like this!
    I really like collages, it's a very simple art form, maybe I'll come back to that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many fabulous ideas. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun. The lamp shade sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The collage is wonderfully positive. I love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.