Thursday, February 17, 2022

Thursday ...

      A stressful start to the week waiting for one last report to come in on my background check.  I missed a few days of training and was at risk of having to take the entire week off and start again with the next class on Monday.  But all is good now as I knew it would be.  Sigh of relief!


     
I did get some buttons and was able to work a little more on my art project from last weekend.  I think I still want to find some really small ones, but after coloring in the white spaces between, it looks almost complete.

     Since this isn't the time of year to find feathers easily, I ordered some red cardinal ones off Etsy, and am just about ready to wrap up that heart in the next few weeks.

     This Saturday, I will be working on an encaustic watercolor lesson, so will be excited to share that with you that evening.

     I started pricing beads for the lampshade that I wanted to make and quickly realized that even with the least expensive source I could find, I could easily spend over $100 on beads since the shade height could be at least 12-15" with perhaps the same diameter.  Much more than what I wanted to spend on a free2me lamp! 

    Enter Plan B:  macrame.  I found some patterns I liked on Pinterest and ordered some cotton macrame cord.  I'm getting a (free) shade from that has had the fabric torn, so will use that.  Pictures as I get it started once everything is on hand, I'm probably going to combine several of the patterns because I want full coverage (I hate being blinded by a lightbulb) and don't want anything with hanging fringe (it just screams "here kitty, kitty, come destroy me!).

     Hope your week has been a good one!

                                         Hugs, Ci

1 comment:

  1. Relief, indeed, i am glad the report came in.

    However you solve your lampshade project, i'm sure it will look good.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.