Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year ...

    I believe that how we speak, and what we do, has an impact on our lives deeper than most may understand.  I think that in Matthew 7:7-11 when we are told "Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you." we are also being told that what we think can become our reality.  If we believe the worst will happen, then we attract that to our lives.  If we believe the best will happen, then we attract that into our lives.

     When I was sick last year and told I would die, I didn't hold onto that as truth.  Even if it had been true, I was at peace with dying because I knew I would see Jesus and those that I have loved and lost.  But I did not give in to doom and depression when it could have taken over my life (and my life itself).  I believed that God would heal me, and if He didn't, there was a reason for it.  I didn't question Him or His will for my life.

     I praise Him, however, that the words spoken over me by many educated people in the medical profession did not have the final say in my life.  Only God has that, and He chose to heal me for His purposes.

     For that reason, I believe that starting this new year with intention, where everything I say and do has a purpose for how I want my life to be lived for HIM, is important for me to do.

     Last night, I burned my regrets and hurts in a small grill before the end of the year so that I could start the year with a clean heart.  I took down my Christmas decorations.   Then I showered at midnight to wash away the old year, the old me, and prepare for the new year.

     I started today with prayer and reading my Bible.  Stretching exercises to care for my body, and for breakfast, I had oatmeal with cranberries.  Yesterday I made a New Year Day soup of lentils, greens, and bacon ... not because I believe the Southern tradition will influence my year, but because it is healthy and nourishing food for my body (okay, full disclosure, the jury is on the fence about the bacon but it isn't something I eat every day).

   My seasonal tree is now decorated for the new year with hope and encouragement for new adventures, and I potted an ivy I'd been rooting to put in the antique birdcage in my bedroom ~ to signify new growth this year.

     Each day is a gift, a precious gift that we are given.  Don't waste it on negativity, fear, anger, and regret.  God gave us the gift of His son to save us from fear and to give us eternal life with Him.  If you don't know that, then you should ask Him to come into your heart and free you of the bondage of doubt and the unknown.  Jesus died for our sins so that we would be freed to feel God's love for us because that is all He has ever wanted.  It was a sacrifice freely given because of how much we are loved.  Is it a sacrifice you could give to God by welcoming Him into your heart and life?  All He wants is to love us and bless us.  Claim this year's evident anointing for your own heart and life.  Knock, and the door shall be opened for you.  Ask, and you will receive.  Seek Him, and you will find Him in so many ways.

     May your year be abundantly blessed with love, laughter, and healing peace.

4 comments:

  1. A very, very Happy New Year to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and to you as well. I'm so grateful for you.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful post, and i love your way of starting a new year. Praying you have a blessed and beautiful 2022.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.