Friday, January 21, 2022

imperfectly perfect ...

     I'm not (much of) a perfectionist.  I am ... but I'm not.  If I was, I'd never finish any craft project.  But sometimes I will re-do a project multiple times just because it doesn't feel "finished" or "right."

     That was the situation with this one.  The lettered side originally did not "jump" out, and just seemed too ... pale?  insignificant? ... for how much this quote impacts me.

     I sanded it down, painted it a darker color, then rewrote the quote larger with a black marker.  I probably should have penciled lines to keep me straight, but oh well.  Now it jumps out from across the kitchen where it is hanging over my sink and is a reminder for me just at a glance that I am stronger ... better.

     I thought first about painting the bird red for a cardinal, but I choose the goldfinch because the bright yellow color of the male in the breeding season really is "summer" for me, and I always get excited when I see them arriving.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, and so is your testimony from the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventh time lucky? Blogger is refusing to post my comments.
    I am glad that you persevere until you are happy. Perfect is a non existent beast, but the search for it is certainly something pushing back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you also for perserverence. Blogger was being rather cranky this past week.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.