Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Tuesday...


More unpacking today and getting settled.  I did a little bit of exploring, finding my way to and from Walmart without the assistance of Google Maps.

  I stopped on the way home at the stables across from the [click here> Greenbrier resort to see some of the horses.  In the distance, I could see a falconry class going on.  There is so much to do there!  Bucket list time!

  With Christmas just around the corner, I stopped at [click here> the Depot where they have an amazing Christmas shop all year.  I also looked at the schedule for trains between my sister's house and mine and was excited to see that they have a route that runs three days a week.  

  On the way to Walmart, there is a road that goes through a tunnel.  I don't know where it goes, but maybe next week when I have a day off I will take it just to explore.

  The mountains around me are just amazing to see, and that is with most of the trees bare of leaves.  I'm sure it is stunning in the spring, summer, and fall.  I've also noticed that the number of stars I can see in the night sky is just incredible.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel the excitement and anticipation in your words. Which is wonderful. And long overdue.
    Falconry? Jealous thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.