Sunday, November 8, 2020

the countdown begins ...

 We survived the election week from hell.  Much like this year has been, it was uncomfortable, frightening at times, and annoying.  I was so grateful to finally be able to watch the morning news and see actual news unrelated to the election.

 The cats are enjoying some fall sunshine in the front window.  Charlie and I started what will become our Sunday ritual today... a car ride into town to get the Sunday (or in this case Saturday) paper, coffee, and a donut.

 The house is 3/4 packed, with my office [the MOST cluttered room] still remaining to finish this week, and here I am procrastinating getting started on it, with small spurts of activity between writing.

 It will be a busy week no matter what.  I'm being considered for a supervisor position, and interviews will be early this week.  

 I've been researching my new home2be and am getting even more excited about the opportunities there.   There is a [click here> small zoo less than two hours away that is working to save the red wolf population and reintroduce them into the Allegheny Mountains.  They have volunteer opportunities with their education department, and I'm super excited to get involved with them. 

 Fingerstoesandlegscrossed that the [click here> WV Dandelion Festival will take place next May.  It was the inspiration for the name of the blog.  I want to fill my new home2be with art from the area, and [click here> Lee Street Studios is one place I'm going to look for it, and ... drumroll please ... they offer classes!  But I am especially excited about the [click here> Lewisburg Literary Festival in April!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to your new life! I am so excited for you and can't wait to read more about your adventures! Praying for health and safe journeys for you!

    - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope that I get to see you on the drive down!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news. Hope is an essential, and it sounds as if your home to be is packed with it.
    Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is filled to the brim with hope and new adventures!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.