Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Let the fun begin again ...

"What on earth is all that racket outside?  I can't even hear myself think."

"You didn't know?  There is a protest going on!  It's the most amazing thing!  I was just getting ready to go out and join them."

"You will do no such thing!!  What are they protesting?"

"Traps!

"Traps?  What sort of traps and why?"

"Mouse traps!"

"Don't be ridiculous!  Why on earth would the cats be protesting mouse traps?"

"Apparently there was a study that one of them saw on YouTube that showed an analysis on the performance of cats catching mice compared to mouse traps, and now the cats are feeling threatened that their jobs are at risk.  The study showed that humans had a higher level of confidence in the traps than they did the cats, and that there was such a significant performance gap between the two that many humans are even considering rehoming their cats!"

"And you are thinking of joining the cats in their protest?  I think that is just a tiny bit abnormal. You do remember that you just happen to be a mouse, don't you?  A rather small, grey mouse at that."

"Well, duh.  Of course, I know I'm a mouse!  But I was thinking it would be a perfect marketing opportunity for me to plaster some of our adverts on the back of their protest posters!"

"Marketing?  Adverts?  Posters?  Now I'm thoroughly confused.  Have you even thought this through?  In what way does this even begin to make sense?  What exactly are 'we' marketing?  And to who?"

"I think it is actually 'to whom' but either way, 'we' would be marketing the latest and greatest way to travel!"

"I'm afraid to ask."

"Purse pockets!"

"Purse pockets?  As in ladies' purses?  You realize that women are often the first to scream when they see us, and I doubt very much they would be willing to share their pocketbooks with the likes of us."

"That's the beauty of it!  They wouldn't even know we were there!  Picture this ... for a fee, we act as the middleman between a house mouse and some of the toughest mice in the hood.  We get the address, and then the hood mouse breaks in at night to a house and chews a little opening in the lady's pocketbook between the outside and the inside liner.  Just big enough for the house mouse to fit into, but in an out of the way place, like on the bottom or side seams.  The house mouse then gets a free ride to visit all the neighbors' houses, and maybe even upgrade their own living arrangements."

"Hmmm."

"It's a perfect plan, you can't deny it!  I mean, for openers we could start small, maybe just a few clients, and see how it pans out.  Or maybe go large scale, and just overrun the upper-class neighborhoods.  I just see so many possibilities for this business to expand!"

"May I just go on record here and say that this may possibly be one of the best you've ever had?  However, joining the cats protest rally to promote it is most definitely the worst!"


Joining again after far too long of an absence in Words on Wednesdays.  Prompts for this month can be found [here] and in bold italics above.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I am smiling broadly. It is great to see you joining us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeheehee! Very well done, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very modern of the mice using promotions. Great use of the prompts. And it's lovely to see you participating again.

    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope they don't give any of my mice ideas!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.