Thursday, August 4, 2022

surfacing ...

 A lot has happened in the last few weeks ... where to start?

I started to get sick again like last year and decided to test the house for mold.  I'd been told that the owners did not do adequate (any) clean-up of the crawlspace under the house after the 2016 flood.  The house did test positive for mold, and I just tested positive for one of them [penicillium-chrysogen].  

I started sleeping in the new house the night after the test results in mid-July.  The landlords at the previous house are not accepting responsibility for failing to clean the crawlspace after the 2016 flood here when there were three feet of water inside the house.  I spoke with a personal injury attorney about what negligence and personal injury claims on their property insurance would look like, and he was not encouraging based on current legislation in this state.

I have three Roses-of-Sharon shrubs growing in front of the new2me house, and they are now blooming.   I'm looking forward to spring to see everything that comes up.

The next several weeks will be spent unpacking and getting organized in the house.  I have so much to do!



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had the new house to go to. Stay well, stay safe. Unpacking can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you are out of the old place. Lots of prayers that you thrive here.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.