Wednesday, August 17, 2022

all the latest ...

 

This month has been beyond hectic.  I took the first week off to pack move clean like crazy but also had a doctor's appointment and a CT scan to see where I was from last year's scan.

I finished ten days of super strong antibiotics, one of which made me more and more nauseous as the day wore on, effectively canceling most of my evening participation at church because honestly if I'm gonna throw up, I want it to be in my own toilet.

The CT scan showed that my lymph nodes are no longer enlarged, my pancreas that had been enlarged from the pancreatitis last year has shrunk, and apart from normal aging wear and tear on my joints and spine, there were no surprises.  My blood pressure has even started to be on the low side.

The bottom line is that y'all are stuck with me and I'm going to be around to annoy my little brother for a few more decades.

I did, unfortunately, miscalculate my available time off and I will get hit with a paycheck showing 18 fewer hours this week than I was expecting.  I'm racking up the overtime while it is available right now to get back on track.

As far as being unpacked and organized ... bwahahahahahahaha ... not.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to make sizeable dents in it now that moving doesn't make me want to ralph.

I have been able to identify four individual hummingbirds that visit the two feeders outside my living room and office windows.  They appear to be parents (larger) and (smaller) children.  This > is the feeder outside my office window that can be very distracting at times as the four of them zip around and fight over it.

The girls love that they can sit in the window and sleep near me while I'm working.  They still both curl up together and snuggle at times.

Charlie is pleased that he has two window seats where he can guard the house.  I'm thinking I need to get more rugs and stuff on the walls to keep his barking from sounding so loud now that we are all in a single-story house.  Or get used to closing my office door when I'm working (something the cats don't always appreciate).

Last week I did get up to The Schoolhouse Rooftop to catch the sunset and listen to the husband of a friend of a friend play acoustic guitar and sing.  We've had rain quite a bit lately, including that night, but it was beautiful that night with lightning in the distance.


3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful news about your health. You'll get unpacked and settled in due time, and i pray it is for a good, long time, as long as you want to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you have got a much better health report - and I hope the nausea is a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "honestly if I'm gonna throw up, I want it to be in my own toilet" HAHA! This might be the truest thing that's ever been spoken.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.