Friday, June 18, 2021

wait ... what???


   The climbing rose bush that ended up being 100% in the shade is still hanging in there and has even started to bloom.  But that's where it gets weird.

  As you can see in the photo here, there is an obvious yellow rose on it.  In the lower-left, you might be able to see the white rose that I shared a picture of yesterday.

  Wait.  White?  On a yellow rose bush?  Yeppers.  Even from the same main branch of the bush.

  The white doesn't appear to have been grafted, but it also appears to be more of a "climber" than the yellow one does in that it is a little more flexible and would be easier to gently tie to the fence to encourage an upward momentum.

  The yellow one would almost be perfect to be cut for a bud vase.

  I think I have a very confused rose bush that can't decide what it wants to be.  If it starts blooming pink and red as well, I don't think I will be surprised.

6 comments:

  1. Plants frequently follow their own incomprehensible (to me anyway) rules. Just enjoy whatever they give you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A seiously confused, but nonetheless beautiful rose. I hope it clibs high and far and blooms in copious amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to take the roses, and life, as they come, i guess.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.