Monday, December 11, 2023

Art class and a craft show ...

 Mondays are usually very hectic for me.  I'm catching up on computer stuff I should have done over the weekend but didn't because I'm trying to spend more time "hands-on" and away from the screen.  So I have receipts to enter, and emails to answer.  Photos to upload and edit.  Oh, and then there is that thing called work that actually pays for the things I have receipts on.

 Saturday was a rainy day with low clouds and mist over the Greenbrier River.  A cold front ... actually, a freezing front ... was moving in.  It snowed last night about two inches, which thrilled my roommates but because the ground was so wet it really didn't stick long.  They were up late taking pictures and getting out in it.  Fortunately for them, I had purchased some puffball snowballs for them to have snowball fights in the house because today hadn't gotten above freezing, something none of them were thrilled about.

 I took Charlie to another laser treatment that morning, and he continues to improve.

  After his appointment, I took another alcohol ink ornaments class to refresh my memory since I'd purchased materials to make some at home.

 These > were gifts for Charlie's BFFs (Brenda & Joey) across the street whom he just adores spending time with.  When I think back to how he was when I first got him, seven years ago last Tuesday, and how much he has changed it makes my heart happy to see how much more he enjoys making (human) friends and how he is living his best life.  We're still working on the dog friends part.

 Sunday I went to a craft show/fundraiser for the local domestic violence shelter.  One of the vendors was selling amazing dog treats, so of course, I had to get a 12-day Advent calendar for Charlie who gave it two paws up.

 I picked up a few small items and an idea for a future project (naturally).  I've always loved the look and feel of the "hand crochet" big chunky blankets, and now apparently a yarn maker has come out with an easy-peasy way of making them. 

  They market pre-looped yarn so that all you have to do is run the loops from the new row through the previous row without looking like you are wearing wings on your arms.

 But it's not like I'm lacking things to do.  I still have the Scottish soldiers I started in January to finish ~ just have to find all the supplies I bought before the move because there was help at the last minute with throwing things into bags, baskets, and tubs and I have no idea where anything is.

 I've also been working on this mosaic piece and might have waited too long to clean off the grout I used on some of the sections.  Plus, using grout on the mirrors may have also been a mistake.  It has been one of those projects that gets picked up on a slow night at work.  So when I get a ping to assist someone, it gets put to the side, sometimes indefinitely.

 Oh, and a circular weaving I've been doing off and on ... watercolor painting in a tiny sketchbook ... a Yule Blessings Ball I really must get done before the 21st of this month.  The list goes on...

 I hope your weekend was much more relaxing than mine .... Hugs, Ci

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to read that Charlie continues to improve. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and wow again. Your projects thrill my very uncreative sox off. I salute you and hope you get everything done by the time it needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.