Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Headlines ...

 Steam rises from my mug and I gently blow on the coffee before taking a small sip.  Looking at an overview of today's schedule, I wish I could bury my head back under the covers.

 I'm in a strange position at work of wanting to give the new advocates a solid foundation of correct information, but not really being in any official capacity for that.  So I quietly take some of them under my bat wings and offer them assistance when I see they are being misled by others. 

 We have frequent surveys at work to reveal whether or not we are feeling burnt out from the job.  While working from home can sound like the perfect job, it can become monotonous.  I'm currently working with chat systems and can go an entire week without physically speaking to another human if I don't make a point to reach out to friends before I start my shift.

 ~*~*~

 "Can you believe it?  She actually had the gall to demand that he gives her a salmon-pink diamond as a promise ring!"

 "A promise ring?  What on earth for?  To keep his name out of the headlines when she goes public with having a fling with a very married politician?  I wonder which hand she would flaunt it on."

 "I heard that he actually bought her a pair of ten-carat emerald earrings, but his wife found them in the safe and thought they were a pair of hers that she hadn't worn in a while.  She wore them out to the fundraiser dinner the other night that his mistress was also attending and he nearly popped a vein when he saw them on her.  He had already told his mistress that they were going to be her birthday present that weekend, and you should have seen the look on her face when SHE saw them also!"

 "Oh, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall that weekend.  Maybe we'll still get to read about it in the headlines!"

*~*~*

Participating in Words for Wednesday here on Drifting Through Life's blog

3 comments:

  1. This is great - though I do hope that the husband and his mistress are discovered...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tangled web we weave. It's easier to stay honest and stick to those marriage vows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This is good. I hope he gets what he deserves in the end.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.