Wednesday, October 5, 2022

fast forward ...

 

His Spoiled Hiney Hisself, King Charles
     This year is going by too fast!   I think I blinked yesterday when it was still July and here I am almost a week into October.

     Much has been going on, tho I don't have a lot to show for it.  I'm still unpacking and have managed to condense most of it into my laundry room.

     I was pushed last Friday (self-pushed) to get my spare room set up for company when I met a homeless woman who needed a helping hand to get back on her feet.  She has since gotten a job with a friend from church and started yesterday. 

     My DoDoToDo list expands as the nights grow colder.  I have hostas to prune, irises to divide and replant, and would like to get the groundwork done to plant flowers, herbs, and veggies next spring.  I'm beginning to realize I may need to be less ambitious about my gardening goals for next spring and maybe work on the center of my labyrinth first and add to it every season.

     Truth be told, I really need to win a lottery so I can retire and do all of the fun things I dream of doing.  Crafting.  Gardening.  Traveling.  Baking.  Learning.   But of course, that means buying a ticket ... an expense I really can't justify.

2 comments:

  1. Therre's never enough time to do everything you want to do. Once you retire, you get so busy you wonder how you ever had time to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. messymimi is right. I have no idea how I ever found the time to go to work and my to do list gets longer by the day. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.