Sunday, June 12, 2022

a week ...

 It has been a busy week of this and that.  I started working on my June tree ~ West Virginia is my theme.  It will be filled with ornaments representing places or events, the first is the Dandelion Festival.

I finished a window for a friend at church.
One morning I went out and my front porch and yard were covered with floof, and I was initially annoyed until I realized it was dryer lint from the birdhouse I have hanging out there.  The Carolina Wren who had chosen it did not think my floof fit her decor.
This is a beautiful piece of art that a friend at church made for me.  I absolutely love it and feel so blessed.
This sweet fledgling was fiercely watched over by two vicious parents who literally kicked my behind when I tried to pick it up and move it higher off the ground.
This is a poppy I made for another good friend at church who loves summer poppies and she is just as beautiful as one.
I love the color of this lily that has just started to bloom in the same garden where the purple irises were a week or so ago.
Finally, some laughter.  When I have trouble falling asleep, I play with the Instagram filters and take screenshots so I can look at them and laugh until I'm exhausted.  When I'm actually taking the shot, I can't see what I look like because I've got my contact lens out and glasses off.  To actually see them, I have to hold them close to my face.  This first one makes me look uncomfortably like my brother and won't be one I play with again.
I'm now very self-conscious of the size of my nose.

2 comments:

  1. You have (as always) been busy and productive. I don't look at myself if I can avoid it - and that definitely includes photos - taken by me or anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is always beautiful, i am thankful you share with us.

    As EC said, i don't like pictures of me (i only look in the mirror long enough to part my hair and no longer), but those filters would make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.