Monday, April 4, 2022

I was sooooooo ready for last weekend ...

      It was a roller-coaster last week.  Two of the warmest days so far this year, chased by snow flurries Friday morning!

     I put a scripture verse on the barn quilt board I finished and hung it over the mailbox by the front door.

 
   Thursday evening I got one side and now two ends finished on the catio I've decided to make with the large screens I was gifted.    The whole back patio is shaded in the summer, so no need for the cats to have sun protection, and it is highly unlikely they would be out there if it was raining.  I really just want there to be something across the top to keep them from getting the idea that they should climb out, and will put chicken wire so that there will be good air circulation (which will also keep any hawks from getting to them.  I doubt there is a hawk strong enough to pick up Gracie, but Lucy might be a possible meal for a larger hawk to consider).

     Today, the stencil I ordered to paint on one of the smaller screens (maybe both ~ one to sell?).  I will probably glue some faux sunflowers & burlap bows to it and hang it out on the patio for decor.  Now that it has arrived, I'm impatient to start working on it, so expect to see pictures of at least partial work on it this week at some point.

     My next project after all the screens are done will be using old window panes.  Four of them were given to me last week, two with one solid pane, and two divided into three sections.

     I'm going to look for ideas on Pinterest but would like to try to make a seasonal triptych with one of the three-sectioned ones using alcohol inks.  I know they will show up better against a solid colored background, such as white, so may paint the backside of the glass pane solid, and then put the alcohol ink on the front side.  But I'm also thinking of some type of mosaic with glass beads and glass plates.  This one may hang by the front door if it turns out nice.  I will have to see how heavy it is when I'm done.

     Saturday I went to an auction for the first time and came home with a few treasures.  When I was growing up my dad had a large cabinet similar to these on his garage workbench.  I called it his magic box because it seemed that no matter what I was looking for, no matter how obscure it was, I could always find it in one of these drawers.  Now I have two of my own!

     I got a tin with old buttons in it as a package deal with a chair one of my friends wanted.  Paid more than what "we" should have because I thought she had dropped out and another woman was bidding on it, but in reality, we were bidding against each other.  Oh well.  Some of the buttons are mother-of-pearl, so I'm pulling those to the side after I clean them all, and may make an art project with just them.  

     I also got a bookshelf for Tell Me Your Story, and am going to order stencils for the sides with the name, and another for the top shelf with the email address.   I've been working on a project to hollow out an old book to turn it into a box and may finish that and use it for business cards.  Wish now I had chosen a thinner book, it's hard cutting just the center of the pages out with an Exacto knife!

     The last item I got was just before we left.  A huge beautiful mirror.  A huge, HEAVY, beautiful mirror.  I think it has a solid oak frame and back.  Far too heavy for me to feel safe hanging it on the wall over the love seat, or even propping it on the back of the love seat which was going to be Plan B.  I'm debating now on looking for a sofa table I can set it on behind the sofa.  But that would entail moving the love seat away from the front window where it is Charlie's favorite place to people watch.  Kinda don't want to deprive him of that pleasure, even if his barking at everything is annoying at times.  I've posted it for sale on Facebook and if no takers, I will push it upstairs and stand it on end for a full-length mirror in my bedroom, which is what I wanted it for (the full-length part, tho not necessarily in the bedroom).

     It was a busy week and weekend, and of course, this week looks to be the same.  Hope yours is awesome!
                                              Hugs,   Ci

6 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy. And creative. Yay you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so relaxing for me to be productive and creative.

      Delete
  2. There are always so many beautiful ideas popping around in your head, i am glad you make them come real and then share them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they don't work out the way I imagined, so I have to come up with a Plan B!

      Delete
  3. How many great ideas do you have! I think God gives them to you! :) May all projects be successful. I've had spring for 2 months, but recently a cold wind has come. A gorgeous mirror! Maybe you will find a place for it elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still working on ideas for the mirror... more to come.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.