Monday, April 11, 2022

bits and bobs ...

      My mom used to say that.  "Bits and Bobs."  A little of this and that.  It was that kind of a week for me last week.  My "Bob" though was a person.  My first crush in 1976, first kiss in 1977, first boyfriend, and forever loved.  If my parents hadn't divorced in 1977 and I moved away for two years, we might have continued dating and married.  Instead, he became the one that got away, and we became BFFs when we reconnected in 2008.  He had married, joined the Air Force, then the Marines, had children, retired from the Marines, and eventually was blessed with grandchildren.

     I messaged him last August when I wasn't expected to live until Christmas to let him know what was going on, and told him how much I appreciated his friendship through the years.  When all the dust in my life settled by October and I was going to stick around to annoy family and friends for a while longer, I tried reaching back out to him.  I didn't get any response.  Last week I learned that he had died of Covid-19 less than a week after we had chatted.  My heart broke.

... to these.
From this ...
     On to happier bits and softer on my heart bobs.

     Last week I worked on recovering the lids of the storage canisters I got at the auction the weekend before.

     The "mesh" stencil I ordered for the upcycled window screens project did not work our the way I had envisioned so Plan B.  I had some stencils I had on hand and had forgotten about, and I picked up some inexpensive faux flowers.  This will hang outside on my patio, so not super bothered that the Blessed side didn't come clean from the paint and solvent I had to use to remove the PlanADarnThisIsn'tGoingToWork attempt.

     A friend at church is getting married soon so I crocheted a bracelet for her and sewed on some vintage mother-of-pearl buttons that were in the tin I got at the auction for her to wear as a "something old."  I've started working on a wedding gift for them, but won't share details or pictures until after it is given.

     Last projects over the weekend were adding some tiny shells I purchased to finish <that project, and removing all the ripped fabric I had spent hours weaving into my chicken wire lampshade> because it made it hard to hang or see my earrings.  Go figure.

     It is Passion Week, and we kicked it off at church last night with another baptism down at the creek after services.  "Spring" weather had given way to a reminder of what winter had been like with snow on Saturday, and lows in the 30sF.  I did not envy the man who got dunked last night after the sun had started to set.

     This week is packed with events at church ... including stuffing more than 7500 plastic eggs with candy on Wednesday night, a Maundy Thursday service, Good Friday service, and hiding those eggs early Saturday morning for a gazillion sugar-amped kids can find them.  Three services on Sunday, starting with a WhyCan'tTheSunComeUpAtNine Son-Rise service.  I'm already exhausted and it's just Monday.

     I hope that you have a wonderful week ....  Hugs, Ci

4 comments:

  1. It was bibs and bobs here - which never made sense to me.
    I am sorry for the loss of your friend, but very glad that you had him in your life.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bibs does sound confusing. thank you. I hope you also have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  2. That is so sad about your friend, may he rest in peace and his family find comfort.

    Your screens are beautiful, as are the jar lids.

    Our church had the egg hunt on Palm Sunday, and we don't have quite so much planned for this week as your church. That's a good thing, since i also have to get Easter dinner bought and prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I hope that you have a wonderful Easter & meal!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.