Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunday & memories ...

 It has been a very difficult 72 hours.

Saturday morning I experienced the most intense pain I've ever felt in my life.  Ever.  on a 1-10 scale, probably a 50, tho I told people 20.  Curl up in a ball, scream, and ugly cry pain.  Who knew dehydration could be so painful.  I had lost 4.6# in fluids and night sweats Friday night and Saturday morning.  Leg and foot cramps.  Intestinal cramps.  Not something I would wish on even the universe's worst enemy.  When it finally dawned on me that drinking tap water wasn't helping, I had a friend take me to the pharmacy to pick up some electrolyte powders to replenish what my body had lost.  After 10 hours of drinking the mix in water, I was finally beginning to feel like I might survive late last night.

Then I got the call from my sister saying my mom had passed sometime Saturday of what they believe were natural causes.  Now I'm emotionally numb and still in physical pain.

These are some photos of my mom in no particular order.  She was the 3rd of four children, the youngest girl, with her little brother, Brian being the last.  The oldest and youngest of the four predeceased her, leaving just my Aunt Nancy now.  The last time I saw mom was in 2014 when I drove up to the Michigan Upper Peninsula.  We were better at writing than talking, and it had been several weeks since I had spoken to her.  I got a card from her for Halloween on Friday.  Bittersweet.


Above is from 2001 with my sister, Kat, at my brother's wedding weekend.


6 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry. On all counts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a time you've been through. Cramps are about the worst pain I can imagine too. But I can't imagine how it is to lose a mother, even a distant mother. Virtual hugs from across the waters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, cramps, especially intestinal crams, can be horrible. I'm so glad they stopped.

      Delete
  3. My heart aches for your loss, and i am praying you have no repeat of the cramps. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm praying for that too!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.