Friday, October 1, 2021

quick update ...

 Yesterday was a very long day.  I would say it started when I climbed into my friend's vehicle at 345a, but in reality, it started about 1a when I woke to acid rolling fire in my throat.  I'm not sure if it was nerves or the late afternoon meds to help me sleep some, but it kept me awake until my alarm went off to get up anyway at 230a.

  It was a 3-hour drive to the WVU hospital in Morgantown, and I'm embarrassed to say there were moments when I caught myself waking up with my mouth hanging open.  No drooling as far as I know.  I was checked in and on a gurney by 730a, but am not sure exactly what time the procedure started.  There was not a clock within my line of sight, and they said that the procedure prior to mine was running late.

  When they did start my procedure, I was given meds for the pain and a mild sedative to make me comfortable.  An ultrasound was done of the area on my abdomen when the other hospital said the mass was located, however (and hip-hip-hooray) the procedure was not done via my abdomen, but through my ribs on my right side.  It felt as if three biopsies were taken, however, I only have one hole in my side, so think that they must have just used one bore needle for the extractions.

  Results will be back in 5-7 days.  Until then, I'm living my best life.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for a good and quick result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying it's something easy to treat, and that you catch up on your rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.