Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday ... but first ...

   I am cautiously optimistic about the preliminary biopsy results that I received yesterday afternoon.  It appears that the larger liver mass (now known as Dr. Evil Mass) is a hemangioma (cluster of blood vessels) like the smaller hemangioma (now known as Mini Mass).   The pathology report has not been reviewed by any of my doctors yet, but the fact that it came back so quickly and was released to me is a positive indication of no cancer or malignant growth.

  Yesterday was a busy day in Covington, VA with a friend.  She was there to pick up prescriptions, I rode with her to get groceries and hit up the Goodwill for jeans that will fit and a few long-sleeved shirts.  While we were gone, the mail came with several project items I'd been waiting on.

  The first to be done was getting the roots planted for several lilies-of-the-valley in my small angel garden.  I had planted several in the front yard where I thought it was shaded enough, but none of them took, and I'm not sure if it was too much sun.  They are my birth flower so have always been my favorite, but I did not see them in the wild until I moved north.  It is cold enough here that they will also do well.

  The Egyptian cartouche reads "Always and Forever" and was a gift that came with a [Once Upon a Book Club] subscription that I tried last year.  The book was "The Book of Two Ways" by Jodi Picoult and was really quite good.  I love history, archeology, and the possibility of second chances. 

 


The next project was the last piece of the dresser upcycle.  As a reminder, here is an image of the original.  After repainting, and adding a mandala decal, the final bit was the handles to match.  

  Naturally, I "assumed" they had arrived without the necessary screws, and so the two requisite trips to the hardware store were done before I found the screws late last night in the side of the sofa where I had opened the package.  

  By that time I had also improvised attaching them since the screws I selected were too small and slid through the holes, and the washers I went back to get made the screws two short.  By that time, the hardware store was closed until Monday and so I improvised.  The handles will now NEVER come off.  

  Fortunately, the screws that came with it would have been too long for the width of the wood and would have stuck out on the inside of the drawer, making my improvisation necessary after all to keep them from being wobbly.  It all worked out for the best.

  They now sort of resemble bats, however, I'm sure it is because it 'tis the season.

  Next to arrive was a small lamp I'd been waiting on for the top of the dress since it sits in a dark corner of the bedroom even with the overhead ceiling fan light on behind me.  I wanted to find something I could hang my dangle earrings off of, and still provide enough light to see when putting them in.

  My solution was a lamp with a chicken wire shade that I could weave fabric through so it wouldn't be blindingly bright, but still, leave an open layer to hang the earrings.  This is only partial completion of the fabric weave.  It was time-consuming between ripping the fabric and getting it woven with the printed side out, and before I knew it I was about 45 minutes overdue for my last meal and meds of the day.

  The "cup" is actually a mercury glass candle holder.  The jar is my "turn it over" to God jar for prayers, hurts, and regrets.  I will use the pieces of sticky notes then burn them at the end of the year in a bonfire.  Praises, such as a clean pathology report, will be (has been) shouted to the heavens immediately and continuously.  The small bowl is actually made of concrete and painted on the inside.  I'm using it as a catch-all for smaller stud earrings.

  One other project not yet started is getting my tools organized in a bag I was finally able to find at the hardware store.  Nails, screws, and unused washers will be sorted by size into old medicine pill bottles.  My "tool tub" became a "tool drawer" in the kitchen when the tub became too heavy to take down from the top of the refrigerator without risking getting clunked on the head by something falling out of it (like my hammer).  It will be a sitting down project to do while watching television ... perhaps during football tonight.

3 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL news. Though there are still some questions to be resolved.
    I really like your upcycling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy day! You have so many good projects, and i hope the doctors can figure everything out that still needs figuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good news. Thank you for posting. And good luck with more projects and health reports!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.