Thursday, September 14, 2023

a little Cheddar ...

 I'm taking a few days off from work for my mental health.  I'd love to say that it is because of work, but unfortunately, it is landlord-related.  Today I think he might have realized he and his wife bit off more than they expected.  His ignorance and negligence caused a raw sewage leak, which dripped onto my sofa (before we knew what it really was).  It created black mold between the upstairs bathroom floor and the downstairs living room ceiling.  Again, his ignorance thought that the cure would be to put a fan on it to dry it out (spreading the spores throughout the downstairs).  When I tried to explain about the dangers of black mold on someone's health and the correct way to deal with it, I was told I had to leave in 30 days.  The roomies can stay, just not me.
Uh, not gonna happen.
Phone calls were made to the Attorney General's office and the City Building Inspector's office.  I have the law on my side.  We will move, but only when I know we have a safe place for all five of us.

I received these pictures today of Cheddar.  You might remember him from my first blog post about him [here] or maybe even [here] the day I rescued him and got him to his new home.

His new mom, Holly, says that he is the "calmest, laid-back cat" who just "rolls with the flow."
I imagine superheroes do have to keep a low profile.



These are some older ones of him that I thought I had shared, but apparently not.  When I look at these I think of the Lion King movie and Mufasa.




2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Cheddar has a new home where he can 'lax and be himself. And hope (so very much) that the same is true of you very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheddar is fabulous.

    I am praying you find a new place quickly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.