Thursday, November 18, 2021

Wednesday ...

One of the local florist shops, Gillespies, still has some HUGE
pumpkins for sale in front of their shop!
   Yesterday I walked (0.6 miles uphill) to the clinic for a CT Scan to check my lymph nodes and see if they had changed since July's scan.  It was a chilly morning in the low 40s which made the slight incline of the walk a little more comfortable.  We still have some fall leaves on the trees, so it was a beautiful walk, there and back, tho I will admit the downhill walk home was at a faster pace and warmer.

  The scan did not show any significant change in size, which I didn't find surprising or disturbing.  I was sick for most of the year.  I doubt that they will change overnight since I am still purging some of the stress that caused all this in the first place.  They will repeat the scan in another six months.

  One positive note is that my A1C count for diabetes has significantly dropped by 4 points, and I'm claiming to be free of it by the beginning of the year.


  I made a stop at the Greenbrier Christmas Depot on the way back, which was my whole reason for wanting to walk in the first place.  They are still unpacking their new 2021 decorations, but there was more than enough to keep my good eye busy.  Imagine four more rooms filled floor to ceiling with decorations, ornaments, and holiday table settings.  It was beautiful.



   I also stopped into the above-mentioned florist whose interior theme has moved on from fall pumpkins to Christmas.  They had some beautiful decorations and ornaments also and this year were selected to do all of the decorations for the Greenbrier Resort.  I'm going to plan on getting in there one weekend before Christmas to take pictures.  I'm sure it will be stunning!

   These snowmen versions of Russian dolls were just adorable, and they had some beautiful blue porcelain ornaments that were stunning.  They would look amazing on a white tree!

6 comments:

  1. It takes time to recover from trauma and stress, i am praying you do get a normal A1C soon.

    Those Christmas shops are so pretty, there's so much to look at. We don't decorate, not with this many cats to tear it all up, but i am looking forward to seeing what other people do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been several years since I decorated a regular Christmas tree. I think 2016 was actually the last time. Fortunately the cats ignore my smaller trees, and the faux birch I have now has been ignored also.

      Delete
  2. I am glad that your blood count is improving - and hope that your lymph nodes follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe when the repeat the scan next year, it will look like I've not been sick at all.

      Delete
  3. Good news, indeed. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for you.
    Those snowmen-babushkas are wonderful.
    We won't start decorating until 1st of Advent, which is still more than a month in the future, but I promise photos.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.